The Official Lakers Trade Ideas Thread (P. 244)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Dave
Site Admin
 Avatar
Posts: 4981

us.gif
votes: 43

kkennon1 wrote:
Ok, WTF !!!

Haha yeah doesn't make sense unless Phoenix just wants to dump him for a 2nd rounder + filler.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17512
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Just heard here on local sports news, Suns aren't shopping him. Which means they haven't got any offers they like. Lol

Oh ok. Kind of thought that was strange....lol.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7954
votes: 98

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
... BI and ZO have also been linked with various Deng dumping trades...

Correction: It is "Dung dumping" trades. Let's get the terminolgy correct!

American Dictionary of Slang: "Dung-dumping." When you have a load of spit that no one wants at any price so you have to "Dung-Dump" it! LOL!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14077
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 62

BaadMaster wrote:
Correction: It is "Dung dumping" trades. Let's get the terminolgy correct!

American Dictionary of Slang: "Dung-dumping." When you have a load of spit that no one wants at any price so you have to "Dung-Dump" it! LOL!

I guess I didn’t bring my A game when I spelt it as “Deng.” I plead guilty for being inconsistent. That’s unacceptable. Lol.


suntzu619
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2445
votes: 6

Nance and Clarkson gone!!!!!!


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1414
Location: Ray
votes: 20

I just heard it's for Isaiah Thomas, Frye and 1st round pick. I hope so.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1211
votes: 12

suntzu619 wrote:
Nance and Clarkson gone!!!!!!

Was just about to post this. ESPN JUST announced the deal, but not what the Lakers get.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1414
Location: Ray
votes: 20

I am actually pumped for this trade. Nance was the one left out on our team anyways with Kuzma emergence. And IT can pack an even bigger punch then Clarkson can. Also we got a 1st round pick.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1211
votes: 12

Ray wrote:
I just heard it's for Isaiah Thomas, Frye and 1st round pick. I hope so.

Just heard IT and Frye. Would hope Cavs own 1st pick would be in there. Getting IT now is kind of weird, but it's an expiring contract. It will be something to see how he fits with this team.


Lakers_4_Lyfe_BayBay
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5319

us.gif
votes: 40

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Just heard IT and Frye. Would hope Cavs own 1st pick would be in there. Getting IT now is kind of weird, but it's an expiring contract. It will be something to see how he fits with this team.

First round pick looks to be included.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1211
votes: 12

Ray wrote:
I am actually pumped for this trade. Nance was the one left out on our team anyways with Kuzma emergence. And IT can pack an even bigger punch then Clarkson can. Also we got a 1st round pick.

OK...1ST is included.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12845
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Ray wrote:
I am actually pumped for this trade. Nance was the one left out on our team anyways with Kuzma emergence. And IT can pack an even bigger punch then Clarkson can. Also we got a 1st round pick.

Yeah, but which IT are we getting. Boston or Cavs IT?


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17512
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Ok ladies and gents, I guess this starts the process of salary dumps....lol. Kind of hate to see JC and Nance, Jr go but I guess it is what it is.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1414
Location: Ray
votes: 20

Considering how hard 1st round pick are coming by, this was a solid trade. Bulls gave up Mirotic and took on Asik contract to get a first 1 pick. Frye is gone next year and IT could be gone. So worse case we gave up Clarkson for like 20-25 pick. Not the greatest, but not horrible either. Maybe IT just couldn't conenct with Lebron and he just needs a new start


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1414
Location: Ray
votes: 20

userpete1037 wrote:
Ok ladies and gents, I guess this starts the process of salary dumps....lol. Kind of hate to see JC and Nance, Jr go but I guess it is what it is.

Ever since Kuzma emergence, Nance was gone. We already have 3 guys ahead of him and are top FA picks play the same 3/4 spot.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12845
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Hope players are prepared to play A lot of help defense, they're going to need to when IT is on floor. But happy IT final got to be a laker. Lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17512
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Hope players are prepared to play A lot of help defense, they're going to need to when IT is on floor. But happy IT final got to be a laker. Lol

As long as he knows his place, I guess I'm good. That is with him coming of the bench.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1211
votes: 12

kkennon1 wrote:
Hope players are prepared to play A lot of help defense, they're going to need to when IT is on floor. But happy IT final got to be a laker. Lol

Yeah, kind of wondering how the IT fit is going to work out. Long term, I don't see him staying here. But, this deal does allow the Lakers a lot of flexibility to make deals and sign players. So I guess the team is BACK to pining over 2018 free agents again...lol!!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12845
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

I just want to know how much protection is on pick ????


TERRY-TEAGLE
Laker GM
Posts: 3636
Location: Belmont Shores,CA
votes: 41

Great deal


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1414
Location: Ray
votes: 20

kkennon1 wrote:
I just want to know how much protection is on pick ????

I bet the protection can't be to much, probably just lottery protection in case the Cavs some how fell that low. If anything the Cavs should want this pick to go this year. There is a chance they could be bad for the next 5 years if Lebron leave. So giving away this pick will be a lot better for them then having protection that force the pick into future years.


LAKERZ_DYNASTY101
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1894
votes: 5

kkennon1 wrote:
Trading one of our young players and willing to take money back, or taking a contract back that goes past this season from a team trying to clear cap space.

Lol I guess the Cavs answered my question. Except instead of us taking on long term contracts, they helped us with expiring contracts!!! haha this is great!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

userpete1037 wrote:
Ok ladies and gents, I guess this starts the process of salary dumps....lol. Kind of hate to see JC and Nance, Jr go but I guess it is what it is.

Yep. Definitely not happy to see Clarkson go. He's been balling.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12845
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

userpete1037 wrote:
As long as he knows his place, I guess I'm good. That is with him coming of the bench.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1414
Location: Ray
votes: 20

kkennon1 wrote:

He can get 30 mins a game coming off the bench. I think when they say heavy minutes, they mean heavy minutes for his situation and the minutes he has been getting this year, I doubt they are trying to find 40 mins for him a night.


TimmyDoe
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1039
votes: 17

kkennon1 wrote:
I just want to know how much protection is on pick ????

Top 3. Pick is ours prettty much.

I’m wondering what they plan to do with the hole at center unless we plan on having Zu or Bryant develop into that role.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

I'm impressed with the Cavs rookie GM! Can we trade Magic for him?

He essentially sent out 2 older bad players for 2 younger good players and it only cost them a late first round pick.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12845
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
I'm impressed with the Cavs rookie GM! Can we trade Magic for him?

He essentially sent out 2 older bad players for 2 younger good players and it only cost them a late first round pick.

Think Magic and Rob did exactly what they wanted to do this season, and that's clear up cap space. Grade A

Very impressed, considering woj said most team want Lakers to send a pick to take Clarkson or they only offered 2nd rd pick.

And that 1st rd pick is very valuable, look at all the teams that tried it get a 1st for better players and couldn't.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Think Magic and Rob did exactly what they wanted to do this season, and that's clear up cap space. Grade A

Very impressed, considering woj said most team want Lakers to send a pick to take Clarkson or they only offered 2nd rd pick.

And that 1st rd pick is very valuable, look at all the teams that tried it get a 1st for better players and couldn't.

Lol, just because it's what they wanted to do does not make it good! Look at what we have now, imagine how much better this team would be with Lou Williams, D. Russell & J. Clarkson. Grade F.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12845
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
Lol, just because it's what they wanted to do does not make it good! Look at what we have now, imagine how much better this team would be with Lou Williams, D. Russell & J. Clarkson. Grade F.

Doesn't make it not good either ,they're doing what they think will make team better, not fans. Time will tell !!!

Russell has been a shell of himself since coming back from injury, so that trade to me is a laker win. Clarkson was nothing special and would love to have Lou , but we wouldn't have Kuz or Hart ,who I'd rather have at this point of team development.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Doesn't make it not good either ,they're doing what they think will make team better, not fans. Time will tell !!!

Russell has been a shell of himself since coming back from injury, so that trade to me is a laker win. Clarkson was nothing special and would love to have Lou , but we wouldn't have Kuz or Hart ,who I'd rather have at this point of team development.

Lol you just gave it an A! Smh. Yes time will tell. Sometimes you have to take a step back in order to take two steps forward. But let's be clear, we took a step back today. And I don't give a damn if it's what the FO wants when I'm giving my opinion on wether it was a good move or not. They are the ones that did it, OBVIOUSLY it was what they wanted! We know that! So tired of hearing that lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12845
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
Lol you just gave it an A! Smh. Yes time will tell. Sometimes you have to take a step back in order to take two steps forward. But let's be clear, we took a step back today. And I don't give a damn if it's what the FO wants when I'm giving my opinion on wether it was a good move or not. They are the ones that did it, OBVIOUSLY it was what they wanted! We know that! So tired of hearing that lol.

Ok, point taken. And mine is Grade A !!!!! We didn't lose that much in trade. IMO !!!!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Ok, point taken. And mine is Grade A !!!!! We didn't lose that much in trade. IMO !!!!

So you'd give trading Clarkson & Nance for cap space and a late 1st round pick an A??? You sure you don't want to give it like a B or a C? It's not like we traded them for Klay Thompson or something. Even if you like it, you sure it's an A?


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12845
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
So you'd give trading Clarkson & Nance for cap space and a late 1st round pick an A??? You sure you don't want to give it like a B or a C? It's not like we traded them for Klay Thompson or something. Even if you like it, you sure it's an A?

I'm saying it's an A for what they wanted to do. And if it turns into Thompson or Leonard or PG13 A++ lol

Think it also raises chances of them keeping Randle, so yes !!! A

If they had traded BI, Kuz ,Zo, Randle, than I might have felt like you. But I just don't think they lost that much or lost something that can't be replaced.

Plus it opens up more playing time for Hart ,who I already think is a better 2 way player over JC.


Luke...
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1987

us.gif
votes: 12

don't know how to feel about this trade...

I don't like losing Clarkson and Nance, I like them a lot more than a lot of people.

But I understand the plan, and how those 2 probably were the best compromise they could make to save money.

Glad they have kept Randle, and they can go over the cap to match a Randle offer if they have their timing right and the stars they are after don't string them along too long.

And they got a first round pick out of it is surprising, in fact I think that is what tips the trade in our favor... if you factor in that they wanted to clear cap as the priority of the trade.

And this trade works for me as well, so long as they DON'T resign IT! defense liability, already causing drama with this "have to start" nonsense, and a ball-hog... that is the opposite of the little identity this team has. Pace, Passing, and Persistence (in defensive-hustle).


MinneMikan
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 23
votes: 0

I think one element that is not being talked about is the fact that the lakers are being crafted to deal with Golden State.

Golden State defensive prowess has come from their ability to not be affected by pick and rolls. They are defensibly interchangeable with the exception of Steph. You see a defensive:

line-up of:

Durant

Thompson

Green

Iguodala

Curry

They are all pretty much interchangeable. No other team can put a line- of 6'6' above guys that can play at both ends and not be liabilities.

The Lakers could potentially have a lineup of:

Ball

Ingram

James

George

Kuzma

They are very similar situations when comparing line-ups. Its hard for me to think of another team that could match up as well. But I'm sure someone has an idea of another team that could offer similar line-up.


magic42157
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 574
votes: 7

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Future laker according to Lavar. Lmao!!!

He is also practicing his stage presence. I just saw that Lonzo is battling Lavar next week on Lip Sync Battle. Should be fun to watch. Smile


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

MinneMikan wrote:
I think one element that is not being talked about is the fact that the lakers are being crafted to deal with Golden State.

Golden State defensive prowess has come from their ability to not be affected by pick and rolls. They are defensibly interchangeable with the exception of Steph. You see a defensive:

line-up of:

Durant

Thompson

Green

Iguodala

Curry

They are all pretty much interchangeable. No other team can put a line- of 6'6' above guys that can play at both ends and not be liabilities.

The Lakers could potentially have a lineup of:

Ball

Ingram

James

George

Kuzma

They are very similar situations when comparing line-ups. Its hard for me to think of another team that could match up as well. But I'm sure someone has an idea of another team that could offer similar line-up.

You may be correct with the size aspect, but James and Kuzma don't play defense.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

Zach Lowe was saying on his podcast that plenty of teams would've offered a late first for just Nance. That the Lakers gave up both for cap space is pretty weak IMO.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12845
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
Zach Lowe was saying on his podcast that plenty of teams would've offered a late first for just Nance. That the Lakers gave up both for cap space is pretty weak IMO.

Yeah, maybe that's why they had to give up both to get rid of Clarkson's contract. All reports I've seen say teams were only offering 2nd for him or want 2nd to take him.


suntzu619
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2445
votes: 6

I just heard an interesting scenario I heard on ESPN radio, sorry I don't remember the persons name who brought it up, he asked would you give up Kuz and BI for Kawhi Leonard IF San Antonio were willing to take Luol Deng? Tough call for me. What do you guys think?


hogball
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 51
votes: 0

KK, BI and Deng for KL is definitely a good trade all the time. KK and BI are still a project while KL is proven star player approaching the league of Superstars. Likewise, the FO will have a big financial flexibility to deal with credible star players in unloading Deng plus the KL factor combine with Randle and BI is big plus factor in attracting credible star players.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7954
votes: 98

JJCali wrote:
So you'd give trading Clarkson & Nance for cap space and a late 1st round pick an A??? You sure you don't want to give it like a B or a C? It's not like we traded them for Klay Thompson or something. Even if you like it, you sure it's an A?

Clarky and Nance are a dime-a-dozen journeymen. Period.

Yeah, they are really tearing it up with LeBron.

And somehow we got Kuzma who by all accounts is one of the top four rookies.

Considering the mess (Dung, Vodkaman) Jimbo left us, Maginka gets a A+!!!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18
suntzu619 wrote:
I just heard an interesting scenario I heard on ESPN radio, sorry I don't remember the persons name who brought it up, he asked would you give up Kuz and BI for Kawhi Leonard IF San Antonio were willing to take Luol Deng? Tough call for me. What do you guys think?
Bout time someone brought this thread back. This is exactly the trade I've been suggesting! So obviously I would say yes. But to make the salaries work, they have to include D. Murray. And we'd probably have to throw in some picks or this is a really in-sided....


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

BaadMaster wrote:
Clarky and Nance are a dime-a-dozen journeymen. Period.

Yeah, they are really tearing it up with LeBron.

And somehow we got Kuzma who by all accounts is one of the top four rookies.

Considering the mess (Dung, Vodkaman) Jimbo left us, Maginka gets a A+!!!

Lol, EVERYONE starts looking like $hit next to James. I've been saying this for years. Here's 2 more examples!

And we didn't get Kuzma in that trade. So know what you're talking about before you post that nonsense.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12845
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
Lol, EVERYONE starts looking like $hit next to James. I've been saying this for years. Here's 2 more examples!

And we didn't get Kuzma in that trade. So know what you're talking about before you post that nonsense.

That's funny, stats say he's made players better through out his career. Lol


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7954
votes: 98

JJCali wrote:
...And we didn't get Kuzma in that trade. So know what you're talking about before you post that nonsense.

If you know how to read, there was no implication that Kuz was gotten in the Clarky trade. The point was that Maginka are doing a great job.

Unless you pine for the good old days of Jim Buss.

I might add there is nothing in the LNS TOS that says you have to know what you are talking about before you post. Exhibit A -- you.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
That's funny, stats say he's made players better through out his career. Lol

That's funny! Who???? Love, Bosh? Clarkson? Thomas? Wade? JR Smith? Hill? Hood? Get the hell outtta here lol.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

BaadMaster wrote:
If you know how to read, there was no implication that Kuz was gotten in the Clarky trade. The point was that Maginka are doing a great job.

Unless you pine for the good old days of Jim Buss.

I might add there is nothing in the LNS TOS that says you have to know what you are talking about before you post. Exhibit A -- you.

That was absolutely implied. You don't know how to read. Was that not what the conversation was about? That trade specifically...

Exhibit A -- you?? Lmao now that's just comedy! I don't think anyone on here has been called out for the moronic things they've said anywhere near as many times as you have!


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1414
Location: Ray
votes: 20
suntzu619 wrote:
I just heard an interesting scenario I heard on ESPN radio, sorry I don't remember the persons name who brought it up, he asked would you give up Kuz and BI for Kawhi Leonard IF San Antonio were willing to take Luol Deng? Tough call for me. What do you guys think?
The only way I would even think about doing this trade is if Kwahi then agrees to resign with us the following year. Also his injury really makes me wonder, about him going forward. I really do believe that he is hurt enough not to play....


Options Quick Reply: RE: The Official Lakers Trade Ideas Thread
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!