Official Lakers Topbuzz New Member Welcome Thread

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » New Member Welcome Treatment
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
lakerfanryan
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: USA
votes: 9
 

[Admin Edit] If you are a new member, please post in this thread and say hello instead of starting a new topic- thanks and welcome to LTB!

Dave


cyclone_nicky
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6981
Location: Windy City
votes: 46

hopefully more will come when the season starts. im spreading the word on myspace, i have a blog on my page with a topbuzz link on it.


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5311

us.gif
votes: 45

Hey thanks again for spreading the word guys- hope you enjoy the GC!


cyclone_nicky
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6981
Location: Windy City
votes: 46

thanks dave, its nice of u to do that for us!


OCLakerfan8
Laker GM
 Avatar
Posts: 2896
votes: 20

I'm fairly new, haven't posted much because I'm just waiting for the season to start. I think the team is in pretty good shape with players that have a lot of potential. I've noticed a lot of Sahsa and Kwame bashing. I personally like Sasha, I think if he can learn to move without the ball better and bulk up a little we could be seeing the next Peja Stoiakovich. Have faith, the kid is only 21 years old and he can shoot from behind the arc pretty darn good. Alot of us would like to see Kwame to be the third scoring option. I think he is a more useful defender as he has shown he can cause problems for players like Tim Duncan and K.G. Maybe he's a defensive specialist and we just don't know it. I think Radmanavich should add the much needed third scoring we desperately need. Point production wise, I'd be happy with these numbers for our starters next season:

Radmanovich 15

Odom 18

Brown 10

Bryant 32

Parker 10

Not too much to ask for, I think. I can't say much for the bench, but I look for the bench to avg a total of at least 20 points. I think the team will play better defense and not make those stupid mistakes they did alot last year. Here's my prediction for 2006-2007:

Lakers will finish at least 5th for the regular season and get to at least the Western conference semi-finals. Also I think Kobe is way over-due for an MVP award. Next season should be his. Screw Steve Nash and his long hair, get a hair cut ya damn hippie!


C.H.A.R.G.E.AVALANCHE
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1258
votes: 3

UR RIGHT ABOUT KWAME I SEE HIM MORE LIKE A WALLACE TYPE


momoivy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1348
votes: 0

Where the heck you been hiding? A new member with a lot more sense than us blabbers Exclamation Welcome aboard!!

OCLakerfan8 wrote:
I'm fairly new, haven't posted much because I'm just waiting for the season to start. I think the team is in pretty good shape with players that have a lot of potential. I've noticed a lot of Sahsa and Kwame bashing. I personally like Sasha, I think if he can learn to move without the ball better and bulk up a little we could be seeing the next Peja Stoiakovich. Have faith, the kid is only 21 years old and he can shoot from behind the arc pretty darn good. Alot of us would like to see Kwame to be the third scoring option. I think he is a more useful defender as he has shown he can cause problems for players like Tim Duncan and K.G. Maybe he's a defensive specialist and we just don't know it. I think Radmanavich should add the much needed third scoring we desperately need. Point production wise, I'd be happy with these numbers for our starters next season:

Radmanovich 15

Odom 18

Brown 10

Bryant 32

Parker 10

Not too much to ask for, I think. I can't say much for the bench, but I look for the bench to avg a total of at least 20 points. I think the team will play better defense and not make those stupid mistakes they did alot last year. Here's my prediction for 2006-2007:

Lakers will finish at least 5th for the regular season and get to at least the Western conference semi-finals. Also I think Kobe is way over-due for an MVP award. Next season should be his. Screw Steve Nash and his long hair, get a hair cut ya damn hippie!


momoivy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1348
votes: 0

I hope my nonsense didn't offend ca-born! I hope he comes back!!


C.H.A.R.G.E.AVALANCHE
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1258
votes: 3

THE LITTLE BASTARD GOT ONE, NOW HE LOOKS LIKE GOLEM FROM LORD OF THE RINGSS. lol lol lol


momoivy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1348
votes: 0

And to dave, I don't care if we dead enders are mucking up this beautiful board. Because you get a lot of hits, I notice. I think it's the peeps from Lakers Club too ashamed to show their heads Very Happy

You have a really beautiful design and user interface, dave. To be as cookie as I am, and fussy, this board is really GREAT!


momoivy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1348
votes: 0

C.H.A.R.G.E.AVALANCHE wrote:
THE LITTLE BASTARD GOT ONE, NOW HE LOOKS LIKE GOLEM FROM LORD OF THE RINGSS. lol lol lol

I hate to show my age, but who is Golem? The last time I saw any of that movie I was getting plastard at a Brazilian restaurant. They had just installed a new big screen hi definition T.V. and Lord of the Rings was on it.

Alas, that was a million years ago, in dog days cry


LILBEE-BOP
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 1
votes: 0

hey whats up people, im new here but i read this site everyday for about the last 5 montths, i saw this thread and figured it was time to join dont know how many posts ill be throwing out there cuz im in ####ING IRAQ right now but its nice 2 be a part of the team im out!!!!!!!!!!


ousoonerfan824
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 63
votes: 0

i used to post every day a couple of weeks ago but rite now theres no new news but i still stop in to check out whats going on but byb seasonn start i should be back to every day postin

i see brown a wallace type except a better scorer with not as


ousoonerfan824
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 63
votes: 0

but not as great a defender


lakerfanryan
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: USA
votes: 9

well this thread turned out GREAT we got 2 new members! not bad for a nights work. thanks for your service in IRAQ if ur in the military.


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5311

us.gif
votes: 45

Welcome aboard OCLakerfan8! Thanks for sharing your accessment- I agree w/ most of them- though I'm not sure that Sasha could be the next Peja, however....

OCLakerfan8 wrote:
I'm fairly new, haven't posted much because I'm just waiting for the season to start. I think the team is in pretty good shape with players that have a lot of potential. I've noticed a lot of Sahsa and Kwame bashing. I personally like Sasha, I think if he can learn to move without the ball better and bulk up a little we could be seeing the next Peja Stoiakovich. Have faith, the kid is only 21 years old and he can shoot from behind the arc pretty darn good. Alot of us would like to see Kwame to be the third scoring option. I think he is a more useful defender as he has shown he can cause problems for players like Tim Duncan and K.G. Maybe he's a defensive specialist and we just don't know it. I think Radmanavich should add the much needed third scoring we desperately need. Point production wise, I'd be happy with these numbers for our starters next season:

Radmanovich 15

Odom 18

Brown 10

Bryant 32

Parker 10

Not too much to ask for, I think. I can't say much for the bench, but I look for the bench to avg a total of at least 20 points. I think the team will play better defense and not make those stupid mistakes they did alot last year. Here's my prediction for 2006-2007:

Lakers will finish at least 5th for the regular season and get to at least the Western conference semi-finals. Also I think Kobe is way over-due for an MVP award. Next season should be his. Screw Steve Nash and his long hair, get a hair cut ya damn hippie!


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5311

us.gif
votes: 45

LILBEE-BOP wrote:
hey whats up people, im new here but i read this site everyday for about the last 5 montths, i saw this thread and figured it was time to join dont know how many posts ill be throwing out there cuz im in ####ING IRAQ right now but its nice 2 be a part of the team im out!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome LILBEE-BOP- stay safe over there in Iraq & we look forward to more posts for you!


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5311

us.gif
votes: 45

momoivy wrote:
And to dave, I don't care if we dead enders are mucking up this beautiful board. Because you get a lot of hits, I notice. I think it's the peeps from Lakers Club too ashamed to show their heads Very Happy

You have a really beautiful design and user interface, dave. To be as cookie as I am, and fussy, this board is really GREAT!

Thanks Momo- acutally I think it's members like you that make the board great because no matter how great the design & user interface it's still all about the discussions.


lakerfanryan
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: USA
votes: 9

I agree with Momo. It is such a great site. The atmosphere is great and everyone justs wants to talk. The drawings are always great and this site has something a HUGE forum cant give you. Thanks Dave.


Showtime
Laker GM
Posts: 2703

us.gif
votes: 21

I think they are waiting to see if we win another banner...The real team plays here...


Showtime
Laker GM
Posts: 2703

us.gif
votes: 21

Momo, we all love you man. You and your corporate bad self..


THEBAER
Serious Laker Fan
Age: 29
Posts: 230
Location: England
as.gif
votes: 0

Hey im a new member. yup just signed up after reading a few of your forums and thought it might be good to have a little chat about the team we all know and love. i have been a laker fan for around a year and a half. not very long but i am very loyal. even though i begun to support the great team that is the lakers in the middle of a season where they traded of one of the most amazing players in the history of the sport, i stuck with them because i knew that it would be a huge mistake to support any team who has had so many legends working for/with them. it IS only a matter of time before we find/get another one.

However...im kinda embarassed to say this but...how good is radmanovic. i kinda recognise his name but havnt remembered him as an amazing player. lol. i read the thing on the lakers website but i didnt really help me all that much.

another thing i wanna know is how do you improve your rating on this site and get those little star thingys. also how do you get a pic beside your posts like "lakerfanryan".


lakerfanryan
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: USA
votes: 9

Welcome aboard Thebaer. Dave is the site administrator and I am a Moderator, so we welcome you. Help spread the word! Anyways go to your profile (click on link at top of page in forums) go to the bottom where it says "Avatar". Find a picture you like and get the URL of the pic. You can get the url by right clicking on the photo and click properties and copy the adress. OR if you get a pic of "Google Images" than Click on the photo and view the largest image than copy and paste the URL. If you need more help just post it here or "Private Message" me. As for Vlad Rad/ Rad is a VERY good shooter. He is like 6'10" and will really help Kobe spread the floor


momoivy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1348
votes: 0

THEBAER wrote:
Hey im a new member. yup just signed up after reading a few of your forums and thought it might be good to have a little chat about the team we all know and love. i have been a laker fan for around a year and a half. not very long but i am very loyal. even though i begun to support the great team that is the lakers in the middle of a season where they traded of one of the most amazing players in the history of the sport, i stuck with them because i knew that it would be a huge mistake to support any team who has had so many legends working for/with them. it IS only a matter of time before we find/get another one.

However...im kinda embarassed to say this but...how good is radmanovic. i kinda recognise his name but havnt remembered him as an amazing player. lol. i read the thing on the lakers website but i didnt really help me all that much.

another thing i wanna know is how do you improve your rating on this site and get those little star thingys. also how do you get a pic beside your posts like "lakerfanryan".

I don't know how you put a pic because I don't really like that feature so haven't used it.

As for your comment on Rad-Man, I really think nobody, including Tex Winter knows how good Rad-Man is, for sure. We are all guessing, I think.

As for the stars, there are others who can explain it a lot better than I can, but it has something to do with how many posts you have made since you were a Lakers Topbuzz poster.

Welcome, man!


momoivy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1348
votes: 0

Showtime wrote:
Momo, we all love you man. You and your corporate bad self..

Thanks Showtime. It's true I worked for large corporations, but in the main, I always stayed just below the radar. I advise anyone who is thinking of working for a large corporation to do this. There are advantages.


TheGreatChickHearns
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 772
Location: Lakewood by way of Long Beach
us.gif
votes: 2

OCLakerfan8 wrote:
I'm fairly new, haven't posted much because I'm just waiting for the season to start. I think the team is in pretty good shape with players that have a lot of potential. I've noticed a lot of Sahsa and Kwame bashing. I personally like Sasha, I think if he can learn to move without the ball better and bulk up a little we could be seeing the next Peja Stoiakovich. Have faith, the kid is only 21 years old and he can shoot from behind the arc pretty darn good. Alot of us would like to see Kwame to be the third scoring option. I think he is a more useful defender as he has shown he can cause problems for players like Tim Duncan and K.G. Maybe he's a defensive specialist and we just don't know it. I think Radmanavich should add the much needed third scoring we desperately need. Point production wise, I'd be happy with these numbers for our starters next season:

Radmanovich 15

Odom 18

Brown 10

Bryant 32

Parker 10

Not too much to ask for, I think. I can't say much for the bench, but I look for the bench to avg a total of at least 20 points. I think the team will play better defense and not make those stupid mistakes they did alot last year. Here's my prediction for 2006-2007:

Lakers will finish at least 5th for the regular season and get to at least the Western conference semi-finals. Also I think Kobe is way over-due for an MVP award. Next season should be his. Screw Steve Nash and his long hair, get a hair cut ya damn hippie!

if kobe is scoring 32 a game, i dont think the team will do too well. if kobe could average 25 and the remaining 10 spread throught the team, then the lakers are on to something....possibly spread between kwame and odom would look real good. the problem is, odom is content with his 18 and 15 rebs....


KB824
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 3
votes: 0

What's good everyone. Just joined this page to get involved with Laker discussions.


lakerfanryan
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: USA
votes: 9

Welcome KB824! Where did you hear about this site? Dave is the site administrator and I am a Moderator, so we welcome you. Help spread the word! Anyways go to your profile (click on link at top of page in forums) go to the bottom where it says "Avatar". If you want an avatar: Find a picture you like and get the URL of the pic. You can get the url by right clicking on the photo and click properties and copy the adress. OR if you get a pic of "Google Images" than Click on the photo and view the largest image than copy and paste the URL.


THEBAER
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 230
Location: England
as.gif
votes: 0

thnaks for the advise. i can tell already that im gonna like it here Smile


lakerfanryan
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: USA
votes: 9

So your from switzerland? how did you hear about this site


C.H.A.R.G.E.AVALANCHE
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1258
votes: 3

Swizz Cheese lol.jk


la-ted
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 2
votes: 0

hi to all lakers fan out there! im from manila philippines. hi also to lakerfanryan i allways read your post re on trade rumors. i know that our goal here is to give the lakers the support and our idea here is put the lakers back to championship again. thanks to all!


Eureka7
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 5
Location: Walnut, CA
votes: 0

i'm new here too, but had to reply to this thread. this site is pretty cool, great to get some laker news, especially in the slow off season.


lakerfanryan
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: USA
votes: 9

Welcome to topbuzz la-ted! I am glad to see we are getting so many new members! Phillipines huh? Sounds cool, you must be a real Laker fan from that distance. What brings you to topbuzz?


C.H.A.R.G.E.AVALANCHE
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1258
votes: 3

THE FREE DINNERS!!! lol lol lol


1979
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 142
votes: 1
Hey jus wanna give props to TopBuzz. I hardly ever reply, but read everyday. I used to blog on the LA Times site. But, got yelled at by the moderators for trashing Kupcake and for trashing one of the Hack Reporters they interviewed. The interviewer was talking out his a$$. But, they really want to be reporters not bloggers. So, they didn't want anyone they interview to be called on any Laker trash talking. Since then I've been coming to Topbuzz for everything Lakers. My premise is I don't follow players from team to team. I follow the Lakers Basketball Club. It drives my wife crazy because she says I'm biased. I agree. I am biased to the purple and gold. If a player or a team jeopordizes the ultimate quest of the Lakers, then I can't support that. The Lakers are 3 rings short of having the most titles of all time. That is the quest Jerry Buss has decided to pursue and I back it 100%. Just like Chickey babey, I calls them as I sees them. If a Laker player is just riding the purple and gold gravy train, then step aside and let someone else on the club who wants to fulfill the ultimate quest for most titles. We don't need no posers, just players. The ultimate players right now is Kobe. With Shaq the Lakers won three. Then Shaq pissed it away in '04 with his [email protected]!# big toe to ruin his only chance for a 4-peat. Then Kobe f&*ced it up with his big @!ck in '05. Ok, they're even. But at least Kobe had the balls to stick around and try to make it right for the Lake Show. It would have been so easy for him to go to another club and hide from his huge....


lakerfanryan
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: USA
votes: 9

WOW another new member! Welcome! We are going through a new member rush


C.H.A.R.G.E.AVALANCHE
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1258
votes: 3

YEAH WHO EVEN REMEBERS THE FLORIDA MARLINS PENNAT A COUPLE YEARS AGO. BUT ANYWAYZ GOOD TO SEE SOME NEW BRAIN CELLS ON HERE!!


cyclone_nicky
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6981
Location: Windy City
votes: 46

nice to see more laker fans joining in on the action. i hope this keeps up. its nice to see different point of views on thedirection of our team. even though we might disagree at times, the important thing is, WE ARE ALL LAKER FANS.


meng
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 195

rp.gif
votes: 0

hi guys, I'm meng a laker fan from the other side of the world..(Phillipines) I really want to get involved in this great discussions of yours.. well, CN has already known me and I'm grateful for that..I'll do my best to give my thoughts for this cool site.. thanks guys!


lakerfanryan
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: USA
votes: 9

Welcome aboard meng. It's nice to have the extra members. It seems that lately we are getting a lot more members from the Phillipines so you should feel at home here. If you ever need anything just private message me (lakerfanryan site mod.) OR Dave (the site administartor.) Thanks for joining. You'll love it here!


meng
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 195

rp.gif
votes: 0

Thanks for the warm welcome! hope to meet you all! I really am enjoying this! Very Happy


lakerfanryan
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: USA
votes: 9

It will get better meng. Much better Smile


Showtime
Laker GM
Posts: 2703

us.gif
votes: 21

Dave..thanks for the opportunity to get together online with folks that all have one thing in common...The beauty of sports is that is welcomes all walks of life: color, creed, gender, IQ....we all can be part of the laker community...thanks Dave for making this happen...and thanks everyone for having a take...some not so good (that is okay) most are great...


lakerfeak998
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 54
votes: 0

hello everyone my name is dylan and im new to topbuz but ive been viewing it since 2005


C.H.A.R.G.E.AVALANCHE
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1258
votes: 3

Congrats... Want a cookie?


lakerfeak998
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 54
votes: 0

no


lakerfanryan
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: USA
votes: 9

lol


meng
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 195

rp.gif
votes: 0

thanks mr. lakerfanryan.. Very Happy


diehardlakerfan91
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 165
votes: 0

im new!!!


Options Quick Reply: RE: Official Lakers Topbuzz New Member Welcome Thread
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!