What are you watching right now?

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Everything Else
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
VS
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8003

us.gif
votes: 52

All right, so this is basically the movie version of the music thread.

Feel free to share what movies you've watched recently, and make sure to tell us what you thought about them.

NOTE: Under any circumstance, do not reveal too much of the plot about ANY movie. Even if you're 100% sure that everyone's probably seen it, we don't want to spoil any films for anyone!

Okay, so recently I've seen.....

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

This one was REALLY good. Brad Pitt acted really well, and I also liked Fitzgerald's short story that this film is based on. If you don't like long films, you may get bored, but the roughly 3 hours didn't really faze me.

Slumdog Millionaire

This one was excellent. A really in depth look at Indian culture, and it kept me interested throughout. It overtook Dark Knight as my favorite movie of 2008.

Yes Man

I'm not really a Jim Carrey fan, but my friends dragged me to this. I thought it was pretty boring to be honest. The jokes were stale, and the plot was predictable.

Valkyrie

I was skeptical about Tom Cruise, but he did a pretty good job. Some scenes were very intense, and nothing really went over the top. One of the better historical fiction movies I've seen recently.

Notorious

This was actually pretty good. I really liked the job that the actor who played Biggie did. I thought the guy who played Pac was kinda whack, but I guess the movie wasn't really about him. But, personally, I'm a big fan of rap and hip hop, so that may be why I liked this one. If you're not really knowledgable about Biggie Smalls and mid 1990's American rap, you may not understand this film.


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

Good thread, VS.

Grindhouse

I love these movies, they're so cheesy and gory. I've probably seen these movies about 10 times and still don't get tired of them. Planet Terror is an awesome zombie movie that doesn't take it self seriously. Plus Rose McGowan is drop dead gorgeous even with one leg, hell a peg leg at that. Death Proof is about a crazed stunt man who targets women and kills them in creative ways with his stunt car.

Grade: A-

Kickboxer

Another cheesy movie. It's one of those Van Damme movies straight out of the 80s. Typical Van Damme storyline: Loved one gets destroyed by his rival at the start of the movie, Van Damme trains like a mad man to get revenge, then Van Damme squares off against that rival in the final act of the movie.

Grade: C-

Blades of Glory

I love this movie. Usually Will Ferrell movies are hit or miss, well to me this one is definitely a hit. It's a spoof on the "sport" of ice skating. It actually makes ice skating seem exciting.

Grade: B

Mr. Woodcock

I was bored and decided to watch Mr. Woodcock. It has it's funny moments, nothing really special. I really enjoy how Billy Bob Thorton and all the old guys talk to each other in the barber shop, and Billy Bob's dad in the movie is hilarious.

Grade: C-

Under Siege

Steven Seagal is a a** kicking Navy chef on a battleship that gets high jacked by Gary Busey and Tommy Lee Jones...lol nuff said.

Grade: C


ReliveThe3PEAT
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15910
votes: 79

Good thread!

Has anyone seen My Bloody Valentine??? Please let me know how it was!

Very Happy


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

ReliveThe3PEAT wrote:
Good thread!

Has anyone seen My Bloody Valentine??? Please let me know how it was!

Very Happy

I wanna go see it in 3-D! Haha, perfect date movie.


cuckooroller
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy
votes: 114

Journey to the Center of the Earth - B+, but I like crap like this.

Australia - B, not more because a bit longish, and at time a bit too self-involved and pretentious

The Day The Earth Stood Still - C-, always hard to do covers, and the Robert Wise original was a classic, just another attempt to make money with an old script by jazzing it up with special effects, and putting in a couple of new twists of the original story line. Failed to convince, must as that other abortion that I recently saw of another remake - I Am Legend - much, much, much better the original done by Charlton Heston.

The Dark Knight - B+

National Treasure II - A-


cyclone_nicky
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6981
Location: Windy City
votes: 46

cuckooroller wrote:
Journey to the Center of the Earth - B+, but I like crap like this.

Australia - B, not more because a bit longish, and at time a bit too self-involved and pretentious

The Day The Earth Stood Still - C-, always hard to do covers, and the Robert Wise original was a classic, just another attempt to make money with an old script by jazzing it up with special effects, and putting in a couple of new twists of the original story line. Failed to convince, must as that other abortion that I recently saw of another remake - I Am Legend - much, much, much better the original done by Charlton Heston.

The Dark Knight - B+

National Treasure II - A-

i agree cuckoo about i am legend. charlton hestons omega man was much better. nothing like a good charlton heston movie like omega man(way better than the remake), planet of the apes(way better than the remake), ben hur, and my favorite soylent green. now if they ever do a remake of soylent green, i am going to stop watching movies altogether.


flambergex69
Laker GM
Posts: 4424
Location: Marikina City, Republic of the Philippines
rp.gif
votes: 17

Well, I'm eagerly awaiting the showing of Underworld: Rise of the Lycans here in the Philippines. I think it's going to be on the 23rd. Right now, I'm watching a CGI movie. Resident Evil: Degeneration.


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

flambergex69 wrote:
Well, I'm eagerly awaiting the showing of Underworld: Rise of the Lycans here in the Philippines. I think it's going to be on the 23rd. Right now, I'm watching a CGI movie. Resident Evil: Degeneration.

I liked Degeneration, there was a little too much talking for me to handle in a CG movie, but it was pretty good. Leon is awesome! Very Happy


flambergex69
Laker GM
Posts: 4424
Location: Marikina City, Republic of the Philippines
rp.gif
votes: 17

MrMojo112 wrote:
flambergex69 wrote:
Well, I'm eagerly awaiting the showing of Underworld: Rise of the Lycans here in the Philippines. I think it's going to be on the 23rd. Right now, I'm watching a CGI movie. Resident Evil: Degeneration.

I liked Degeneration, there was a little too much talking for me to handle in a CG movie, but it was pretty good. Leon is awesome! Very Happy

I agree Mojo. The ending was a bit of a tease too. I would've like to have for Leon to develop a relationship with Angela. And there's the introduction of a third Bio-Pharmaceutical company too. I wonder what they'll call their brand of virus next. There's the T-Virus, G-Virus, and maybe a Z-Virus? LOL. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_06


sneakerhead24
Laker GM
Age: 27
Posts: 3033
votes: 1

MrMojo112 wrote:
Good thread, VS.

Grindhouse

I love these movies, they're so cheesy and gory. I've probably seen these movies about 10 times and still don't get tired of them. Planet Terror is an awesome zombie movie that doesn't take it self seriously. Plus Rose McGowan is drop dead gorgeous even with one leg, hell a peg leg at that. Death Proof is about a crazed stunt man who targets women and kills them in creative ways with his stunt car.

Grade: A-

Kickboxer

Another cheesy movie. It's one of those Van Damme movies straight out of the 80s. Typical Van Damme storyline: Loved one gets destroyed by his rival at the start of the movie, Van Damme trains like a mad man to get revenge, then Van Damme squares off against that rival in the final act of the movie.

Grade: C-

Blades of Glory

I love this movie. Usually Will Ferrell movies are hit or miss, well to me this one is definitely a hit. It's a spoof on the "sport" of ice skating. It actually makes ice skating seem exciting.

Grade: B

Mr. Woodcock

I was bored and decided to watch Mr. Woodcock. It has it's funny moments, nothing really special. I really enjoy how Billy Bob Thorton and all the old guys talk to each other in the barber shop, and Billy Bob's dad in the movie is hilarious.

Grade: C-

Under Siege

Steven Seagal is a a** kicking Navy chef on a battleship that gets high jacked by Gary Busey and Tommy Lee Jones...lol nuff said.

Grade: C

Under Siege... BADA** DUDE i love that movie haha


lakerbloke
Laker GM
Posts: 3315

uk.gif
votes: 26

^^My goodness!!! There are some of you that actually enjoyed watching a Steven Segal movie???

anyway, here's what I've been watching recently:

Superbad

This movie reminds me of my youth trying to buy alcohol underage with fake ID and all and then trying to get drunk as hell hoping the as drunk as me girl was up for it. Can't say I looked like Jonah Hill though.

Days of being wild

I must've seen this movie over a hundred times and is one of my all time favourite movies. There seems to be absolutely nothing going on in this movie, but it is so beautifully directed and the dialogue is fantastic.


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

lakerbloke wrote:
^^My goodness!!! There are some of you that actually enjoyed watching a Steven Segal movie???

OH come now bloke! I thought you being one that enjoys cheesy movies would laugh your butt off at Steven Seagal movies!


cuckooroller
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy
votes: 114

Days of Being Wild - takes a fine palate, and is an acquired taste. It always seemed to me to evoke, of all films, the famous "White Painting" by Marioni.

Steven Seagal is probably not much worse than some of the ultralib "crying rags" that the superior beings in Hollywierd have been vomiting out for years.

I too, am waiting for the third Underworld film. I like the genre, if done well, though I must admit the second Underworld film pretty much reeked to high heaven - I guess they did not really care about doing a decent sequel - hope the next is better.


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

cuckooroller wrote:

I too, am waiting for the third Underworld film. I like the genre, if done well, though I must admit the second Underworld film pretty much reeked to high heaven - I guess they did not really care about doing a decent sequel - hope the next is better.

If I'm not mistaking, isn't the 3rd Underworld film a prequel to the first? I couldn't stand to watch the second movie, I had to turn it off.


cuckooroller
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy
votes: 114

MrMojo112 wrote:
cuckooroller wrote:

I too, am waiting for the third Underworld film. I like the genre, if done well, though I must admit the second Underworld film pretty much reeked to high heaven - I guess they did not really care about doing a decent sequel - hope the next is better.

If I'm not mistaking, isn't the 3rd Underworld film a prequel to the first? I couldn't stand to watch the second movie, I had to turn it off.

Maybe, just am not that much up on it. By now they just confuse you anyway - sequels, prequels, antiprequels, postsequels, why can't they make up their minds! Heard they are also going to put out a prequel Wolverine!

Too bad they killed off Kate Beckinsale in Van Helsing - otherwise, I wouldn't mind another one with the same actors - oh well, I guess they could do a prequel! However, how would they explain the same actors meeting twice as if they do not know each other?


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

cuckooroller wrote:

Maybe, just am not that much up on it. By now they just confuse you anyway - sequels, prequels, antiprequels, postsequels, why can't they make up their minds! Heard they are also going to put out a prequel Wolverine!

Too bad they killed off Kate Beckinsale in Van Helsing - otherwise, I wouldn't mind another one with the same actors - oh well, I guess they could do a prequel! However, how would they explain the same actors meeting twice as if they do not know each other?

The Wolverine prequel just looks like a typical action movie with a bunch of violence and explosions. Good popcorn movie. I'm actually more excited to see Ryan Reynolds play Deadpool than anyone else in the whole movie.

I only wonder if it's a prequel because I saw that older vampire leader that died riding a horse and it seemed like it was set in the dark ages. in the movie trailer.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about it:

Quote:
The prequel will trace the origins of the centuries-old blood feud between the aristocratic vampires and their onetime slaves, the Lycans (werewolves). In the Dark Ages, a young Lycan named Lucian (Michael Sheen) emerges as a powerful leader who rallies the werewolves to rise up against Viktor (Nighy), the cruel vampire king who has enslaved them. Lucian is joined by his secret lover, Viktor's daughter Sonja (Mitra), in his battle against the Death Dealer army and his struggle for Lycan freedom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld_3


lakerbloke
Laker GM
Posts: 3315

uk.gif
votes: 26

MrMojo112 wrote:
lakerbloke wrote:
^^My goodness!!! There are some of you that actually enjoyed watching a Steven Segal movie???

OH come now bloke! I thought you being one that enjoys cheesy movies would laugh your butt off at Steven Seagal movies!

I love intentionally cheesy movies, but Segal actually believes he is making a good movie!! I do have some standards now...lol

Regarding the Underworld Sequel. I have no expectations about this one. Probably nothing more than a cgi fest with lots of gore and violence. Which on a normal day would do me fine but certainly would be better with kate Beckinsale in it rather than Rhona Mitra. Besides, generally, sequels are never as good as the first one and the sequel to the sequel, regardless if it's a prequel or not, usually suck.


optimistic7292
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8020
Location: LA
votes: 57

The last movies I watched were 28 Days later, Blood in Blood out (probably my favorite movie), and American Me.


flambergex69
Laker GM
Posts: 4424
Location: Marikina City, Republic of the Philippines
rp.gif
votes: 17

optimistic7292 wrote:
The last movies I watched were 28 Days later, Blood in Blood out (probably my favorite movie), and American Me.

28 days later is scary Opti. Try 28 weeks, it's not as scary but still a good movie. Anyways, how about X-rated movies guys? My favorite is a locally made series. Manila Exposed. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_06


mambamonk87
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 5027
Location: Los Angeles/San Diego CA
us.gif
votes: 56

Lol. X-rated movies for me have no names. They're one and done, if you know what I mean.

I just recently watched:

Downfall: B (portrayal of Hitler was a little too melodramatic for me to give it a higher rating, otherwise I'd give it a B+)

Run Fatboy Run: B-

Resident Evil: Degeneration: B

Wall-E: A-

The Unborn: D+ (gave it a plus just because of Odette Yustman's body *drool*)

And I decided to throw in a few television series that I follow too, because I've been watching more TV than films.

24: Probably the most intense show ever with the coolest hero ever. "If everyone listened to Jack Bauer, the show would be called 1."

Scrubs: I think they're in their last season. Pretty funny show with light hearted humor; great to watch with a girlfriend.

Heroes: I don't really think it's a GREAT show, but the show's content just has so much potential and creative freedom.

Entourage: This is the life: fame, fortune, babes. Watch it. Learn it. Live it. Ari Gold is almost as bada$$ as Jack Bauer.


lakerfan420
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 954
Location: Jenison, MI
us.gif
votes: 2

Haven't been to a movie in a while, but The Boy In The Striped Pajamas was the last movie I saw and it was good. Highly recommended and I'm glad my kids saw it.

Just got done watching Superbad for like the 50th time (I slept on it in the theatres and actually only saw it a few months ago). Now onto Obama's speech!


flambergex69
Laker GM
Posts: 4424
Location: Marikina City, Republic of the Philippines
rp.gif
votes: 17

Currently, old but still one of the best for me, Schindler's List starring Liam Neeson.


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

300 - A

Doomsday - F (I actually stopped watching it.)

X-Men - B

Dead Mary - C- (Actually pretty good for a low budget scary movie.)

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry - C

Jumper - C- (I'll never forgive Hayden Christensen for the Star Wars Episodes II & III debacles.)

Juno - B-

Slither - B+

flambergex69 wrote:
Anyways, how about X-rated movies guys? My favorite is a locally made series. Manila Exposed. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_06

The Witches of Breastwick! hahaha.

I thought the internet was created specifically that. Shocked


flambergex69
Laker GM
Posts: 4424
Location: Marikina City, Republic of the Philippines
rp.gif
votes: 17

MrMojo112 wrote:
300 - A

Doomsday - F (I actually stopped watching it.)

X-Men - B

Dead Mary - C- (Actually pretty good for a low budget scary movie.)

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry - C

Jumper - C- (I'll never forgive Hayden Christensen for the Star Wars Episodes II & III debacles.)

Juno - B-

Slither - B+

flambergex69 wrote:
Anyways, how about X-rated movies guys? My favorite is a locally made series. Manila Exposed. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_06

The Witches of Breastwick! hahaha.

I thought the internet was created specifically that. Shocked

LOL. I'll try to search for that one Mojo. Is it visually good? Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_19


mambamonk87
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5027
Location: Los Angeles/San Diego CA
us.gif
votes: 56

lakerfan420 wrote:
Now onto Obama's speech!

And what a speech it was! He sure has charisma, drawing a record number of attendees to his inauguration (1.8 million, I think is the number being thrown around out there).


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

flambergex69 wrote:
LOL. I'll try to search for that one Mojo. Is it visually good? Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_19

It's okay. Just your regular Cinemax stuff!


VS
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8003

us.gif
votes: 52

lol, I started this as a movie thread, and it's now about the President and porn....

Gotta love LTB....Smile


L4K
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8306
Location: Sydney, Australia
it.gif
votes: 61

VujacicSlovenia wrote:
lol, I started this as a movie thread, and it's now about the President and porn....

Gotta love LTB....Smile

Hmmm...Obama and fornication, what a match! lol

You guys know the best is, and always will be, Brazzers. Very Happy

Now, onto mainstream movies.

Enemy of the State: Getting there in age but I still love it. Good thriller with Will Smith and Gene Hackman. (A-)

Godfather Part 1 & 2: Don't even need to describe it. (A+++++)

Yes Man: I love Jim Carrey and this movie was a good laugh. (B)

Apocalypse Now: Another Coppolla classic. Great story line and a very nostalgic feel to the movie. (A+)

Bad Boys II: One of my fav Will Smith movies. Great action with witty and zany humour.(A-)

Disaster Movie: I had the unfortunate "privelage" of being invited to see this movie. Had I paid for the ticket, I would've demanded a refund. Terrible movie that only went for 50 minutes!! (F---/ -10/10)


flambergex69
Laker GM
Posts: 4424
Location: Marikina City, Republic of the Philippines
rp.gif
votes: 17

VujacicSlovenia wrote:
lol, I started this as a movie thread, and it's now about the President and porn....

Gotta love LTB....Smile

LOL. Well, porn is technically still a movie VujacicSlovenia albeit a lewd one. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_19 Well back to mainstream movies, anyone watched Meet the Spartans? It's a spoof for the movie 300.


L4K
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8306
Location: Sydney, Australia
it.gif
votes: 61

flambergex69 wrote:
VujacicSlovenia wrote:
lol, I started this as a movie thread, and it's now about the President and porn....

Gotta love LTB....Smile

LOL. Well, porn is technically still a movie VujacicSlovenia albeit a lewd one. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_19 Well back to mainstream movies, anyone watched Meet the Spartans? It's a spoof for the movie 300.

Yea I saw it, wish I didn't. Almost as bad as disaster movie. Almost...


flambergex69
Laker GM
Posts: 4424
Location: Marikina City, Republic of the Philippines
rp.gif
votes: 17

Lakers4Kobe wrote:
flambergex69 wrote:
VujacicSlovenia wrote:
lol, I started this as a movie thread, and it's now about the President and porn....

Gotta love LTB....Smile

LOL. Well, porn is technically still a movie VujacicSlovenia albeit a lewd one. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_19 Well back to mainstream movies, anyone watched Meet the Spartans? It's a spoof for the movie 300.

Yea I saw it, wish I didn't. Almost as bad as disaster movie. Almost...

LOL. I found it funny during the early and middle part but the ending was just so lame. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_06


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

My Bloody Valentine - C- (I still want to see it in 3-D.)

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - B (Surprisingly good.)

Diary of the Dead - B+

The Dark Knight - A


L4K
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8306
Location: Sydney, Australia
it.gif
votes: 61

flambergex69 wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:
flambergex69 wrote:
VujacicSlovenia wrote:
lol, I started this as a movie thread, and it's now about the President and porn....

Gotta love LTB....Smile

LOL. Well, porn is technically still a movie VujacicSlovenia albeit a lewd one. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_19 Well back to mainstream movies, anyone watched Meet the Spartans? It's a spoof for the movie 300.

Yea I saw it, wish I didn't. Almost as bad as disaster movie. Almost...

LOL. I found it funny during the early and middle part but the ending was just so lame. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_06

It's the kind of movie that makes you feel guilty for laughing at something so stupid lol


VS
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8003

us.gif
votes: 52

Seven Pounds - Eh. I'm a big Willy fan, but I never really got into or really understood the point of this one...C+

Defiance - It's good. The group of brothers have good chemistry. Daniel Craig is good in it too...B


flambergex69
Laker GM
Posts: 4424
Location: Marikina City, Republic of the Philippines
rp.gif
votes: 17

Anyone watched the original HBO original movie Band of Brothers? It's a very realistic movie about World War 2 in Europe.


mambamonk87
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5027
Location: Los Angeles/San Diego CA
us.gif
votes: 56

Speed

Anyone else remember (and love) this awesome action flick?

"Pop quiz, hotshot!"


cuckooroller
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy
votes: 114

Just saw the new X-Files flick. I thought it stank. They should not have entitled it X-Files: I Want To Believe. As I imagine many others, the X-Files was interesting especially for the episodes dealing with the extraterrestrial subplot. A lot of the other episodes were pretty mediocre. Brings to mind one that I saw where they traveled back in time to be on the Titanic! Dumb.

In any case, entitling the film I Want To Believe is a direct commercial hook to the famous poster of the flying saucer that Mulder had in his office, and this induces you to believe that this film would have again dealt with the extraterrestrial subplot. It did not, and therefore it greatly disappointed. They could have just skipped making this film. D- for their efforts, and for their obvious play on words to get people into the theaters. Jerks.

Somehow I think they made this film for the express purpose of letting people see Mulder kiss Scully. Who cares!


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

Office Space - B (Such an inspiring movie!)

Mystery Men - B


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

flambergex69 wrote:
Anyone watched the original HBO original movie Band of Brothers? It's a very realistic movie about World War 2 in Europe.

That's a movie? I always thought it was a TV series...hmm now I want to see it.


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

Meet The Spartans - F

This is the biggest piece of flaming dog sh*t...

Sling Blade - B-

Taters...mhmmmm.


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

Hulk vs. Wolverine/ Thor - B-

Beowulf - B

Harold & Kumar 2: Escape From Guantanamo Bay - B

Hostel Part II - C-

Semi-Pro - C

Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins - C


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

Balls of Fury - C


mambamonk87
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5027
Location: Los Angeles/San Diego CA
us.gif
votes: 56

Wow Mojo, 5 posts in a row from you. JD style.

Anyway...

Scrubs: B+

  • I love this show and its characters. I think they're on their final season, and it's starting to get really good.

24: B

  • As crazy as always, but I'm still waiting for that HUGE twist to happen.

Push: B-/C+

  • So much potential, so little of it fulfilled.

Taken: A-

  • Only because I wanted it to last longer. It was AWESOME. Imagine Jack Bauer of 24 without any stupid American government to hold him back. Yeah. That crazy, yo.

MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

mambamonk87 wrote:
Wow Mojo, 5 posts in a row from you. JD style.

Gee, thanks! wink


Transformers: B

Superbad: B+


cuckooroller
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy
votes: 114

Tropic Thunder - maybe a C+. Problem is with these gimmick films that by now we have seen just about every gag possible. Best scene of the film was his "son" stabbing Stiller while on piggyback, and Stiller throwing him off the bridge like a rag doll.


mambamonk87
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5027
Location: Los Angeles/San Diego CA
us.gif
votes: 56

cuckooroller wrote:
Tropic Thunder - maybe a C+. Problem is with these gimmick films that by now we have seen just about every gag possible. Best scene of the film was his "son" stabbing Stiller while on piggyback, and Stiller throwing him off the bridge like a rag doll.

Maybe because it's the same four actors in these gimmicky films.

I tire of Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, and Owen Wilson flicks.

Not to say they haven't made some gems, but their most recent attempts have all kinda...stunk.

I prefer some of the other actors of that group, like Vince Vaughn or Luke Wilson, but even then, the whole "Frat Pack" group is getting stale.

Anyway, as for comedies, I really recommend:

Shaolin Soccer

Kung Fu Hustle

I don't know how many of you are Asian, but everyone can enjoy these movies. Stephen Chow is probably the funniest thing to come out of Asia since the "Huggies".


MrMojo112
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9565

calif.gif
votes: 38

Wanted - B+


VS
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8003

us.gif
votes: 52

Catch Me If You Can - B

I, Robot - B-

You, Me And Dupree - B-

Dark Knight - A


Teddy
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5081
Location: La Habra, California
votes: 25

mambamonk87 wrote:
cuckooroller wrote:
Tropic Thunder - maybe a C+. Problem is with these gimmick films that by now we have seen just about every gag possible. Best scene of the film was his "son" stabbing Stiller while on piggyback, and Stiller throwing him off the bridge like a rag doll.

Maybe because it's the same four actors in these gimmicky films.

I tire of Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, and Owen Wilson flicks.

Not to say they haven't made some gems, but their most recent attempts have all kinda...stunk.

I prefer some of the other actors of that group, like Vince Vaughn or Luke Wilson, but even then, the whole "Frat Pack" group is getting stale.

Anyway, as for comedies, I really recommend:

Shaolin Soccer

Kung Fu Hustle

I don't know how many of you are Asian, but everyone can enjoy these movies. Stephen Chow is probably the funniest thing to come out of Asia since the "Huggies".

shaolin soccer is hilarious LMFAO, especially the part with the fat guy and the eggs lol


lakerbloke
Laker GM
 Avatar
Posts: 3315

uk.gif
votes: 26

MrMojo112 wrote:
mambamonk87 wrote:
Wow Mojo, 5 posts in a row from you. JD style.

Gee, thanks! wink


Transformers: B

Superbad: B+

jeje jeje!!!

Anyway, I finally got round to seeing some movies that I should have seen some time ago:

Iron Man: A-

The Incredible Hulk: B

The Mummy -Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - C

The Forbidden Kingdom - B-

I started watching The Dark Knight and kept drifting in and out of sleep, the next thing I know, it's still playing after 3 hours!! Long movie, have to find some time to watch again.


Options Quick Reply: RE: What are you watching right now?
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!