The Official Free Agent Ideas Thread (P. 217)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16174
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

I can live with this. This will be just what the doc ordered for us. Do it magic man. Lol.


Esquire
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 41
Location: Chicago
votes: 0

I'm not feeling that salary for Korver in 19-20 or is that a team option?


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Esquire wrote:
I'm not feeling that salary for Korver in 19-20 or is that a team option?

Don't think's his contract is guaranteed next year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cleveland-c ... rver-2752/


magic42157
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 625
votes: 7

Honestly, I think with some time Svi could be Korver but with more athletic ability. Hopefully he is getting reps down in the G-League.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12576
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 49

I don't know how to feel about Korver, if true of course. He fits a need but where does he get his minutes? Ingram/Kuzma/Hart? If that's the case I think they need to stay pat. Making that move pushes them closer and closer to win now mode.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

I can live with this. This will be just what the doc ordered for us. Do it magic man. Lol.

We got Svi baby!!!!!!!......lol.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1569
Location: Ray
votes: 22

How do people feel about signing Nikola Vucevic this summer. He is having an all-star year this year. He is averaging 20/12/4 and shooting 40% from 3 for the year. All signs point to Magic not resigning him since they drafted Bamba 6th last draft. If for whatever reason we don't get Kwahi / AD / KD then he is next on my list.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16174
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

I feel they should have tried a little harder in retaining Brook Lopez. He’s the ideal stretch big who would have been the perfect complement to Lebron a la Bosh/Love. Plus he’s been draining them like crazy from the deep with the Bucks. I think they call him Splash Mountain or something. Lol.

Btw, how is Lou Williams looking right now? Any remorse for letting him go? I’m for sure wondering how he would have helped us right now. Sure he’s not a big splashy name but he’s a bonafide bucket getter and has been responsible for winning several close games with the Clips. The lack of shooters on the roster is ridiculous and he would have served an immediate need.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1569
Location: Ray
votes: 22

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I feel they should have tried a little harder in retaining Brook Lopez. He’s the ideal stretch big who would have been the perfect complement to Lebron a la Bosh/Love. Plus he’s been draining them like crazy from the deep with the Bucks. I think they call him Splash Mountain or something. Lol.

Btw, how is Lou Williams looking right now? Any remorse for letting him go? I’m for sure wondering how he would have helped us right now. Sure he’s not a big splashy name but he’s a bonafide bucket getter and has been responsible for winning several close games with the Clips. The lack of shooters on the roster is ridiculous and he would have served an immediate need.

Lou is doing his thing on a very good contract, however I feel like guys like that become most useful once your team is at least in the playoffs. When we moved him we were still a lottery team, having a high scoring bench player doesn't really do much good for a lottery team.

Also he was traded for HOU 28th pick in the draft, which we traded to Utah for pick 30th and 42nd picks. So basically we turned Lou into Josh Hart and Thomas Byrant. Which was a great deal for us and also very lucky that Hart has turned into the player he is.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16174
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

Ray wrote:
Lou is doing his thing on a very good contract, however I feel like guys like that become most useful once your team is at least in the playoffs. When we moved him we were still a lottery team, having a high scoring bench player doesn't really do much good for a lottery team.

Also he was traded for HOU 28th pick in the draft, which we traded to Utah for pick 30th and 42nd picks. So basically we turned Lou into Josh Hart and Thomas Byrant. Which was a great deal for us and also very lucky that Hart has turned into the player he is.

I’m not so high on Hart as others are. I would actually keep KCP over him. Almost same age and I feel KCP will be more consistent in the long run and guards perimeter players better than Hart. Thomas Bryant was bundled out within a year so that’s 50% of the trade in the toilet. Except for Kuzma and Ball all others are expendable.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Ray wrote:
How do people feel about signing Nikola Vucevic this summer. He is having an all-star year this year. He is averaging 20/12/4 and shooting 40% from 3 for the year. All signs point to Magic not resigning him since they drafted Bamba 6th last draft. If for whatever reason we don't get Kwahi / AD / KD then he is next on my list.

Would be nice, but not a max player. Which is probably what he would want or close to it , knowing Lakers struck out on stars they wanted.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16174
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

kkennon1 wrote:
Would be nice, but not a max player. Which is probably what he would want or close to it , knowing Lakers struck out on stars they wanted.

Plus he will be forced to become a perimeter player which is not his strength. But a good third option. Imho McGee is the perfect big man who runs the floor like a wing and gives you easy transition buckets. He will thrive with Lebron and Ball(transaction pending for AD...Lmao).


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

I don't know how much the guy has in the tank but it seems we could've signed Bynum to see what he has left. I mean he can score and shoot free throws. Just saying. I mean I'd rather have him than Beasley. But I digress...lol.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16174
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

userpete1037 wrote:
I don't know how much the guy has in the tank but it seems we could've signed Bynum to see what he has left. I mean he can score and shoot free throws. Just saying. I mean I'd rather have him than Beasley. But I digress...lol.

Would have been nice to have him as a reserve...at least for tonight wherein all the bigs are under the weather including freaking Zubac. Lmao


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Would have been nice to have him as a reserve...at least for tonight wherein all the bigs are under the weather including freaking Zubac. Lmao

I just saw AD is GTD as well....WTF!!!!!......lmao.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16174
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

userpete1037 wrote:
I just saw AD is GTD as well....WTF!!!!!......lmao.

LBJ also GTD. I think AD and LBJ are having dinner tonight while working out the escape route to LA. LMAO!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
LBJ also GTD. I think AD and LBJ are having dinner tonight while working out the escape route to LA. LMAO!!

They just said Lebron is playing on NBAtv, along with BI and Rondo.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16174
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

kkennon1 wrote:
They just said Lebron is playing on NBAtv, along with BI and Rondo.

Night is still young...wine is always served late night.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Well I guess since Rondo is back, Zo will go to the BS minutes.....


LAKERZ_DYNASTY101
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1970
votes: 5

Random but I mentioned this before. Although it hurt to lose Randle in free agency, a young front court piece that we truly gave up for nothing(not even a big contract) was Thomas Bryant.

He fit our play style, brought energy, hustle and has an improved mid range game. Went 14-14 for 31 points and 13 boards tonight against the #1 pick Ayton. He reminds me of another Clint Capela when he plays.


TimmyDoe
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1512
votes: 20

LAKERZ_DYNASTY101 wrote:
Random but I mentioned this before. Although it hurt to lose Randle in free agency, a young front court piece that we truly gave up for nothing(not even a big contract) was Thomas Bryant.

He fit our play style, brought energy, hustle and has an improved mid range game. Went 14-14 for 31 points and 13 boards tonight against the #1 pick Ayton. He reminds me of another Clint Capela when he plays.

I wouldn’t read too much into who he’s matching up with. But I do agree he had great energy and had a great attitude. I think all of us were rooting for him but there just wasn’t any room for him after they decided that they wanted Moe or Mitchell, in addition to signing McGee. I’m happy it’s worling out for Bryant, but it’ll REALLY be a blunder if he sustains this play for seasons. All of his points came off of boards and PnR with Beal since Wall is injured. We’ll see


suntzu619
Laker GM
Posts: 2555
votes: 6

I apologize in advance for beating a dead horse here it goes, I recently read that we’re going to have about $41-$42 million to spend this summer. Of course we all know Maginka is going to swing for the fences, KD Kawhi Klay etc, IMO I don't think any of those guys are willing to take less than $30 million but say which ever of those free agents ends up here for $30-$35 that would leave us with $5-$10 mil. How on earth are we going to sign players to complient this team with that kind of money left over? I see a lot of one year deals happening and I have a gut feeling they will be players worse than we already have (Mcgee, Rondo and Stephenson). What do you guys think will and should happen?


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8359

us.gif
votes: 19

suntzu619 wrote:
I apologize in advance for beating a dead horse here it goes, I recently read that we’re going to have about $41-$42 million to spend this summer. Of course we all know Maginka is going to swing for the fences, KD Kawhi Klay etc, IMO I don't think any of those guys are willing to take less than $30 million but say which ever of those free agents ends up here for $30-$35 that would leave us with $5-$10 mil. How on earth are we going to sign players to complient this team with that kind of money left over? I see a lot of one year deals happening and I have a gut feeling they will be players worse than we already have (Mcgee, Rondo and Stephenson). What do you guys think will and should happen?

None of it matters. We need to get rid of Magic and James!


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10634

ez.gif
votes: 54

Let's just bring back Dumbo and Glitch! That's the answer! LOL


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10634

ez.gif
votes: 54
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26335718/how-lakers-wasted-year-1-l ebron You could just as easily say: How the Lakers wasted 4 years of Kobe. You can't really blame the players. You can blame the coach to some extent depending on the circumstances. Players are who they are, they're brought in and if they're wrong they're wrong. Not their fault. Not playing well is but that's what you expect on 1 year deals mostly. Coaches aren't at fault if they're coaching the wrong system for the players they're given. Or the team took the wrong coach. They are at fault if they can't make the best of their players and line....


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12576
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 49

TimmyDoe wrote:
I wouldn’t read too much into who he’s matching up with. But I do agree he had great energy and had a great attitude. I think all of us were rooting for him but there just wasn’t any room for him after they decided that they wanted Moe or Mitchell, in addition to signing McGee. I’m happy it’s worling out for Bryant, but it’ll REALLY be a blunder if he sustains this play for seasons. All of his points came off of boards and PnR with Beal since Wall is injured. We’ll see

The Lakers have so many players that need the ball to be effective, he is a great fit for teams like that. You don't need to run any plays for him and he still brings that energy and hustle. I agree we can't say it's a blunder just yet but it's looking like it was.


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10634

ez.gif
votes: 54

I thought at the time we should have kept Thomas and lost Zubak. Now we lost both. 2 potential good bigs in a league with a shortfall of them. Trees don't grow on trees lol. Well given enough time this team will always seemingly find a way to make the wrong decisions and wrong moves. So it goes.


Options Quick Reply: RE: The Official Free Agent Ideas Thread
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!